Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The day train trip to Paris, France - an opportunity well spent.

I had a vision of myself in Paris right before I went.  I had seen myself seeing the Eiffel Tower.  I have no idea why, but I wanted to see it.  I have seen Paris TX and I have seen the Paris Hotel in las vegas. I can now say i've seen Paris France.  Mind you, SEVEN HOURS was nowhere near enough of a taste, but I got enough to know I would like to go back.

I was able to walk past many sights....and my tour guides were more than willing to share things they loved about Paris and the endless museums (again...vast museum world!).  We sat for a few moments and had lunch in the park near the tower before getting in line to WALK, yes WALK the tower.

We walked past the Louvre...and I had always wanted to see it...I wished i had more time to just enjoy and watch and think....but it was kindof a hurried trip in the hopes of seeing a few things here and there.  We took the train a couple of times which was great.  You can actually sort of understand when they say the stops unlike NYC and sometimes London.  With their help navigating we were able to hop around with no problems whatsoever until our stop took us to the tower...and then up the gazillion steps to level 1 and level 2.

It felt like an eternity of steps going up.  We paid 5 euros to go up there and it was super because my guide had not been since he was 9 years old. He really enjoyed himself!  My legs were shaking by the time we got downward from the tower...and we found ourselves running over to the catacombs but they were closed by 4pm :(.  Our next venture took us to the La Basilique due Sacre Coeur de Montmartre!  (yes i had to look that up).  You can see it from Eiffel and he suggested that could be our next stop....

On the way....i was wondering about shopping for souvenirs...and was wondering about a lil store or something that would be open to grab some vintage stuff.  At first it seemed grim to find a place but on our way....we found a cute cute lil shop that had dolls/fun things in the window...and it turned out to be a cute lil nook place with vintage items and tins and dolls. :)  I ended up finding a super cute hat and having a blast trying to negotiate for it. LOL!!!!  He couldn't give me a price...so we opted to go to the Sacre Coeur and then come back. :)

BOY there was a lot of stairs going up............and we found another touristy area to see, even though we couldn't see the Eiffel tower from there. (shocking i know!)  There was a tree in the way, but it was very very lovely.  I always felt most of the times walking that i was going to fall because of all the un-evenness of the sidewalks. LOL!!!! Ahhhhh

We returned to the store...and voila! Got the price on the hat and we were done shopping. :)  Poor guys - i hopped into several stores but didn't find much in some of them.  But after the vintage store i stopped into the souvenir shop....it was my last chance to get something fun for the family/friends. :)  GOOD TIMES!!!!!

They dropped me back off at the train station...and good times were had, goodbyes said!
I'm truly thankful to Pel for hooking me up with wonderful guides all day. :)  SO THANKFUL!!!!!!

Here are some montages from paris................

and here is a video mash...........................



 

No comments:

Post a Comment