Thursday, February 5, 2015

There are a lot of "FIRSTS" in the first parts of the year!!!!

The making of a Destiny inspired outfit - with emphasis on the Apotheosis Veil :)

I have been SO EXCITED to see how this year is shaping out.  I have spent a good portion of January offline and letting myself create, see and hear differently.  I can see how my perspective almost immediately can change when I remove distractions (forcefully) from my life.  I have a lot of things cooking that I'm really excited about as well as moving into some new ideas and directions for my life.  I have this huge underlying passion to CONNECT and INSPIRE other people, but also remain who I am...and being real.  I like the exploration of the dark side and the light side.  I like knowing that I'm allowed to feel distress, but not let it take over my life.  I like that I need to learn how to let love rule in my heart so I can also love others.

On the non-deep, but fun side...I have been working really really hard on a project for comicon.  I've never done anything THIS grand before in my costuming or outfits.  Sometimes I don't create unless I have a MISSION to complete WITH that creation!  Well, here we are...the weekend of the Fan Expo of the Dallas Comicon....and I have mostly completed by Destiny inspired outfit!!!!!

I can' wait to share the FULL pictures with you...but for now...here is where I have come from....

pre-liminary ideas - found and borrowed items.
just to give you an idea....i really dig most of the looks in Destiny.....but found my inspiration to build from!

from a child's thor costume
this is me testing the metal framing.
my main inspiration was the mirrored mask part....the rest I'm trying to fill in as i go...to stay close to the main design...
decided to make the pleats...because the side picture showed ridges!
making the "ear" pieces...i sprayed them copper
the "framing" for the helmet - weather stripping & something cheap at craft store - a rope like thing.
realizing i cut them all wrong..i'm putting it together the best i can...
how i underglued felt so the fabric wouldn't melt...yes, i did that a LOT just making the pleats!
used a youtube for the cardboard/masking tape frame - the mask was my main inspiration
for the gauntlets - my interpretation of it anyways.
a more finished look for them!
my first BURN.
see how it all comes together??? WOW!
Now, i'm added the back piece to smooth out my mess.
Had a coupon for mechanic gloves...and these are the gauntlets
back end of my MESS :)  dont' worry i fix it.
this turned out SO GOOD from the side!!!!

my solution for the AMAZING details on the front...it works!
during the last segment...i completely burned my middle finger so bad....you can see the blister. :)
Thank you for stopping by!!! This has been a BLAST!!!! I can't wait to update you all on the final FINAL outfit and product....but just making the helmet was AMAZING!!!!! Hard work & determination! WOW! haahahahhaah :)  I have much much respect for fashion and costume designers.  Always have!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment