Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday, the end of the photographer's weekend! :)

Don't take your light for granted. Let it shine in the darkness and let it flow into the rivers of creation...

I felt that I wanted to devote some time to the weekend pictures we took out in the park in Richardson.  I have been truly inspired by the DRESS I found at Boston Costume and thankfull I know the best porcelain doll model here in the metroplex. :)  Destiny Lenora.  

I have really been exploring thoughts, places and characters.  I have a long long way to go - but I find that just simply CREATING before the story inspires me.  I tend to write the story AFTER I create.  I like seeing just how organically things can come together within that experience with my model and then that ENVIRONMENT we worked in.

By "environment" I literally mean everything around it.
-the textures of the rocks
-the tatteredness of the dress
-the long creepy hair
-the reflection in the water.
-the fake "smoke" i made with a touch of flour.
-the quietness and stillness of this space.
-the feeling of spirit and "ghostliness" when we pre-discussed characters.
-embracing the colors but being open to completely THROW THEM OUT for the next chapter in the story.

"Don't take your light for granted. Let it shine in the darkness and let it flow into the rivers of creation." - Jen Sulak


How has your personal homework been going?
Did you learn something new to try in your images?

Let's share!

From this experience I was reminded - please use BUG SPRAY around still waters!!!!!


Thank you
Love you
KEEP CREATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment